Error on Windows Server 2008

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Hi,

Everything works fine on my dev station but I get wierd error message in the eventlog when deploying on a Windows Server 2008 box. (Error with Event ID 1008 from source perflib).

Anyone experiencing the same, any solution ?

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Hi, i'm glad to hear that you are using this framework. I have never played around with Windows server 2008. Can you please post the entire event information and some code example of what you are trying to do? Besides, are you using the installer with admin privilegies to properly install the counter before attempting to use it?
Jan 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Hi, I'll give you more detail about the error tomorrow but it very much like : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc774913(WS.10).aspx

Yes, I used your installer with "run as administrator" and that actually worked.  The error is logged every time I try to create the PerformanceHelper.

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2011 at 9:07 PM
I'm on vacation right now, i'm far away from a computer with dev tools. But from what i have read from your lino it seems that win2k8 has changed the way you register counters. I will be back in town in about 20 days if you can hold, otherwise i encourage you to build a test environment and debug the application for yourself. Probably the problem is easy to find and solve. Please post any news about this issue!!
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

vsdesmedt,

I have been reading about this issue since i got back from holidays, I'm about to setup a test virtual machine just to test this problem you are having. Have you got any solution? Did you solve it?