Disabling counters

May 4, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Hi Javier,

I'm looking at your helper and wanted to know if there is any way to disable counters, or activate them on demand instead.

Many thanks

Marc

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 4:26 PM

You can disabled them by just uninstalling from system. Then your client would need to check for null when you create the CounterHelper<?>. Do you pretend another kind of feature instead? Other option is to put an environment variable within your application and control if to send data to the counters or not by your own code.

let me know if you have other stuff in mind.

May 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM
Hi Javier, thanks for the answer, I see the logic.
very good stuff,
Cheers
Marc

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 09:26:18 -0700
Subject: Re: Disabling counters [PerfmonCounterHelper:256272]

You can disabled them by just uninstalling from system. Then your client would need to check for null when you create the CounterHelper<?>. Do you pretend another kind of feature instead? Other option is to put an environment variable within your application and control if to send data to the counters or not by your own code.
let me know if you have other stuff in mind.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (PerfmonCounterHelper@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email PerfmonCounterHelper@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com